IIT Kharagpur proudly presents IndAc 2011 – a unique confluence of industry and academia. It is
a technological exposition initiated by Technology Transfer Group (TTG) under Sponsored Research and Industrial Consultancy(SRIC), IIT Kharagpur to showcase the institute as a research
consultant and strengthen the bond between the Industry and Academia by creating a channel for enhanced exchanges and collaboration.
The wonderful response received from the industry over the last 3 years has encouraged us to bring up the 4th edition of this one of a kind event. This edition of Indac is focused at the immense role of IIT Kharagpur in two highly technologically dynamic sectors
IIT Kharagpur has been the leading visionary of India in developing tools for this great challenge.
There has been work going on in bioenergy and renewable energy resources for decades. Technologies
like biofuel additives for diesel engines and alternate fuels for C.I engines have been developed.
The P.K Sinha centre for bioenergy, India’s first integrated bioenergy centre, was set up in 2009 by
The Department of Agricultural and Food engineering has over the years developed many path breaking technologies and processes and strives to stay one step ahead with regard to agriculture and food science in India. With major clients like NALCO, NABARD, Tata Steel, TVS Tyres Ltd. and others, several sponsored and consultancy projects are progressing.
Scheduled to be held on the 22nd of October 2011, the event would comprise:
- Presentations on major ongoing research work at IIT Khargpur in both the sectors.
- Videos on prominent research laboratories related to Agricultural technologies and Energy.
- Services offered by IIT Kharagpur and cases on existing industry-institute partnerships of IIT Kharagpur.
- One to one Interaction with the most prominent members belonging to research community in both the sectors.
- Display of some major technologies ready for transfer to the industries.